Search This Blog

Sunday 26 September 2010

Fruity Chocolate Brownies

I didn't realise how simple it is to make Chocolate Brownies and I got this recipe from Ruth Clemens runner up of the Great British Bake Off.  She is an inspirational baker and you can find her blog and recipes and http://www.thepinkwhisk.co.uk/

This was the first time I have ever made brownies and they were really tasty.  Next time I would cook the brownies for a little longer as I was worried they would come out dry and flaky rather than soft and chewy.  I would also remove the strawberries from the frozen fruit pack as it made the brownies a little slimy.

I even remembered to take some pics whilst I was cooking these.



Ingredients:
200g Dark Chocolate
140g Butter or Tomor if you want them to be non-dairy
225g Sugar
2tsp Vanilla Extract
2 Eggs
1 Egg Yolk
85g Plain Flour
200g Frozen Black Forest Fruit Berries

Preheat oven to 200'c
Line deep baking tray 23x23 with greaseproof paper.
Melt dark chocolate and butter on a low light until glossy and smooth.  I did mine directly in the pan, just make sure it doesn't burn.
Take off the heat and cool a little to the eggs don't cook when added.
Stir in the sugar, the mixture will go grainy, but that is normal.
Add in the yolk and eggs. When fully mixed add in the flour.



The mixture should be quite thick and glossy at this point.

Pour into your baking tray and top with frozen fruit.  I would recommend not using strawberries as they go mushy when heated.


Bake for about 35 - 40 min until the middle has stopped wobbling.  Check with a toothpick to make sure it is not too gooey.

Leave to cool.  Once cool slice and enjoy.  These brownies are sweet and sharp all the the same time.  They are really rich so you don't need too large a portion and will satisfy the biggest of chocoholics!

Mmmmm

Thank you Ruth from the Pink Whisk

2 comments:

  1. I make brownies for the kids, a lot. But I've never used fruit. It was interesting to see your later comment on the fruit (later date). Do you make them without fruit too? I have never made chocolate brownies with fruit, and not sure that my kids would like it, but I'm going to try it just to see how it tastes :) Looks scrummy, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just seen this comment Tara. The fruit worked well, but was a little sharp, so be sure to use a sweeter berry mix (not strawberries). Let me know what you think. The actual brownie recipe is delicious and I can't wait to try it with nuts :)

    ReplyDelete