Search This Blog

Sunday 12 September 2010

Day 1 - First Ever Blog!!

So I just start typing...!

For those of you who are well versed in the world of Blogging you will have to bare with me, for everybody else you will just have to sit back and enjoy me stumbling through this very new and pretty scary world of blogging.

My friends have told me I need to make it personal "it's easy, you'll be fine" they say, my hubby says "just do it, it's easy"  so taking on board all their support and pearls of wisdom...here goes.

Why am I here you might wonder and how on earth did I manage to join the millions of other bloggers out there.  Well I dream of becoming a cookery writer and being famous for the culinary wisdom I am able to pass onto others, so what better way to start and with the support and love of my wonderful husband Rudi and cherished friends and family I thought I would jump in feet first and go for it!!!

Hurray!!!!

Here is some background about me....

I am 28 years old and have been married for 2 years.  Rudi and I just celebrated our second wedding anniversary and in our world we live to eat.  I absolutely adore pottering around the kitchen inventing new recipes as well as sticking with the old faithfuls that carry you through those weeks where there seems to be no time for breathing let alone eating.  I love to bake and am willing to give anything a try, but my real passion is mains.

I'm definitely a starter and main course type of lady....what are you?

I have never had a cookery lesson and have picked up all my tips from those around me.  My greatest teacher is my mum, but like all good students I have taken on board all her skills and made them my own.  I am also lucky to have an extremely talented mum-in-law who is able to guide me and advise me with her own wealth of knowledge as a caterer and trained chef.

And of course my inspiration and dedicated fan Rudi, who without his love and role as chief taster I wouldn't be half the cook I am today.

I could continue writing all evening,  but it is time to draw my first entry to a close and leave you with a few piccies of some of the cakes I have made to wet your appetites.

Good evening and happy reading, love Marsha-Rose


No comments:

Post a Comment