Search This Blog

Sunday 6 February 2011

Updated Brownies

I think I have found the perfect compliment to the chocolate brownies and that was avoiding the fruit altogether.

When I made the brownies last week, I substituted the fruit for an extra large portion of chopped walnuts. I used the original recipe from my blog borrowed from The Pink Whisk, but instead of covering with fruit I mixed in chopped walnuts and sprinkled some on top just before baking.

You can really add anything you like, fruit, nuts, dried fruits, it really is to taste, but there is something about chocolates and nuts that can't be beat! I suppose you could even add raisins and marshmallows and turn the brownies into rocky roads!

Whatever takes your fancy, eat and enjoy :)

1 comment:

  1. I can vouch for how yummy they are x x
    Will be trying this on the weekend

    ReplyDelete