Search This Blog

Friday 28 January 2011

My Very Own Sweetcorn Soup Recipe


A while ago Rudi bought some dairy free Alpro single cream and has been asking me have a go at using it. My gorgeous hubby also loves soup, so after a little contemplation last night I decided to have a go at sweetcorn soup.

I cannot believe a recipe so easy, that I made up could be so delicious!
So after having a look online at about 5 different recipes, with little more than sweetcorn in common I decided to throw some flavours and inspiration together and this is what I came up with.

Ingredients:
1 x large onion sliced
2 x large cloves garlic
1kg bag of frozen sweetcorn
2 tbsp chicken stock powder
2 tsp turmeric
1 tsp chilli powder
150 - 200 ml Alpro single cream (this is optional and you can also use regular single cream.)
Salt to taste if necessary

To Make:
Fry over onion and crushed garlic until softened.
Add the whole bag of sweetcorn.
Fry over until defosted and glossy (keep stiring, this will take less than a minute)
Add just enough water to cover corn, add stock, chilli and turmeric. Stir
Cook on a medium light until corn is tender.
Blitz with the hand processor.
Stir in cream.

Eat and enjoy.... mmmmm

This can easily be made in advance and reheated, just do not heat it on too high a light, otherwise it will burn.

You can also add smoked haddock or smoked cod to make it into a thicker, richer chowder soup. Its delicious and a meal all by itself.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds lovely! I also use the Alpro single cream in cream of mushroom soup - and watercress soup.

    ReplyDelete