Search This Blog

Monday 24 January 2011

A Few More Ways With Salmon

Before I write today's recipes I have to thank all of you who read my blog. It seems to be I have quite a following out there and I didn't even realise. Please keep reading I am really loving all the feedback.



I cannot believe how easy salmon is to cook, it seems to get easier and tastier every time!



I didn't really fancy our usual Chinese slant on salmon, so I 'invented' a few more recipes. It is a far cry to think I actually invented something this simple, but I threw the following flavours together.



Option 1:

Good squeeze of Lemon (about half a lemon per fillet, we like our flavours strong)

Small knob of butter on top of each salmon (prob about a tsp), if using salted butter you will not need to add salt

Chilli flakes to cover

Cracked Black Pepper

*Onion (spring if using fresh) and garlic

*We have a grinder with chilli, pepper, salt, garlic and onion, which makes life REALLY simple!



Option 2:

Grain mustard to cover fish

Honey to cover

Small knob of butter



Preheat oven to 180'c

Place salmon fillets in ovenproof dish

Cover with option 1 or 2

Cover dish with foil and bake for about 15 min.

If the salmon fillet is very small you might only need 12 minutes and if very large you might need 18 minutes. Also a metal baking dish will get hotter quicker, so you might need more/less time depending on your utensils. I use Le Crueset Stoneware.

No comments:

Post a Comment